Tenant's Starter Guide
Goldex Sales and Lettings ensure your path to becoming a tenant is as hassle-free and cost effective as possible. We are regulated members of the Association of Residential Lettings Agents and harbour over 10 years of lettings expertise. With an ever expanding property portfolio covering Medway and Kent, you will be sure to secure your perfect rental property with Goldex Sales and Lettings.
Before the search begins, take a look at our starter guide detailing key points you may find helpful!
- Reserving Your Property: The first step to securing your dream property is to put forward a holding deposit (£200). We will then carryout necessary reference checks, (£60) and upon successful return, shall advance your application to the next stage (administration fee £65).
- Securing Your Property: The holding deposit will be deducted from your security deposit (equivalent of 2 months’ rent), and serve to protect against any damages. Your full security deposit sum will be safeguarded by the Government’s Deposit Protection Scheme for the duration of the tenancy term.
- Signing Your Tenancy Agreement: This important contract sets out the legal terms and conditions of your tenancy in writing, and will require a signature as evidence of agreement between yourself, as the tenant, and the landlord (£100).
- Assigning a Guarantor: Your potential landlord may require a guarantor to be assigned to the property, if this is the case, you will have to appoint one. Goldex Sales and Lettings will be more than happy to assist you with the procedure (£65).
- Your Check-In: Before you move in, an inventory of the property must be completed, agreed, and signed by the letting agent (normally Goldex Sales and Lettings) and yourself (the tenant). (£no charge).
- Rental Payments: Your first instalment of rent will be required upon moving into the property and must be paid in full clear funds. Thereafter, a single full payment will be required each month by standing order.
- Success! All that’s left is for you to collect the keys and move into your new home.